Over the past two years, the Kentucky Export Initiative has provided financial assistance to almost 80 Kentucky companies through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program. The STEP program provides grants that can be used for a variety of trade services, including:
- support for small business participation in foreign trade missions and foreign market sales trips;
- subscription to services by the Department of Commerce;
- website translation and SEO;
- design of international marketing media;
- trade show exhibitions;
- participation in training workshops; and
- other export initiatives determined to be appropriate by the SBA.
Kentucky was awarded $490,650 by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of International Trade to promote exporting activities for Kentucky’s small businesses. This program has helped Kentucky companies across the state establish an international presence and grow their businesses. Apply below.