If you are a European company evaluating the United States for a new business location, Kentucky’s European Representative Office should be a resource for you. We are the direct link to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, a state that is highly competitive in offering business sites to European companies. We will give you a first glimpse of Kentucky's many attributes, before connecting you with our American colleagues at the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development.
Support in Europe and Kentucky
We will be there for your whole Kentucky experience – whether you need assistance on your first trip to Kentucky, a person that introduces you to the right people or government support once your business is established. We know that you must be able to access accurate and timely information from a single source. The Cabinet's Department for Business Development staff is that source. With years of experience in economic development, any member of our highly qualified team can be your single point of contact for the duration of the site selection process.
Kentucky offers a wealth of programs and services designed to cultivate a pro-business climate, including some of the most innovative tax incentives and business development programs in the nation. Kentucky has many other advantages, including low business costs, available and productive workforce, and a central location.
Site Selection Services
To enhance your understanding of Kentucky's business environment as well as to guide you through Cabinet programs, a project manager is assigned to each company as a single point of contact for the duration of the process. This provides confidentiality for the company, while affording a degree of comfort to the local communities being evaluated. Our support for your site selection includes:
- Site evaluation services, including detailed physical characteristics of shovel-ready sites and available buildings
- Detailed community data on utilities services, business costs, local government services, labor availability, and other local resources
- Accompany officials to Kentucky communities for confidential community and site evaluations
- Liaison with state and local government agencies, utility companies, and other organizations, including arranging confidential meetings when appropriate
- Preparation of financial packages, including training, tax incentives and other project inducements
- Assistance in obtaining required state permits and licenses
- Coordination of public announcements for location decisions, groundbreaking ceremonies, and facility grand openings